This is Kelly who was so kind and answered 7 questions for me and let me photograph her.
1. What is your greatest struggle?
“Living away from my family, especially when my sister had her baby.”
2. What was your worst experience with the army?
“Moving to Colchester and him going away to Afghan. I didn't know anyone or the area and felt lonely. Just me and the dog.”
3. What are you proud of?
“Proud of my husband and what he has achieved.
But really proud of my seven year old and how well she adapts to moving around, and deals with friends that come and go and what fantastic little support she is to me when her dad goes away.”
4. What is your favourite part about army life?
“Moving to Germany has given us so many opportunities to travel and go to place we know we wouldn't of gone had we stayed in uk.”
5. What was your best experience with the army?
“Making friends along the way. We have made many friends, some we know the friendship will last forever.
Some will be good memories.”
6. What advice would you give your younger self if you could go back in time?
“Not to be so shy, use the army life for opportunities you wouldn't normally get.”
7. Is there anything you would like to add?